The aim of our research and teaching is to make a significant contribution to the development of an integrated system of transport, space, environment and society that ensures essential mobility for people and goods in a sustainable way.
In research we:
- analyse the interactions between mobility behaviour, transport system, society, economy, space and the environment;
- collect data and create methodological foundations and tools for sustainable transport planning and sustainable mobility solutions;
- actively contribute to the dissemination of knowledge through cooperation with partners from practice and administration and through community-oriented events;
- work with utmost diligence and integrity to achieve evidence-based results of highest quality.
In teaching we:
- equip our students with comprehensive knowledge and methodical tools needed for their professional careers;
- convey latest knowledge in transport in a research-led approach and in interesting, varied and interactive teaching formats;
- encourage and challenge our students' creativity and independence.
As institute we:
- work respectfully in multi-disciplinary teams;
- create an open atmosphere that supports creativity and allows out-of-the-box thinking;
- promote the professional development of our staff;
- make decisions in a transparent and participatory way.